As a global corporation, we pride ourselves on being a socially responsible company. We strive to make a positive impact in our communities and to societyas a whole. We also believe that Gallagher offers a supportive and team-oriented culture in which employees can thrive. The key tenets of this culture were captured in a one-page document,The Gallagher Way, penned in 1984 by our former Chairman and CEO, Robert E. Gallagher.
Shared values at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. are the rock foundation of the Company and our Culture. What is a Shared Value? These are concepts that the vast majority of the movers and shakers in the Company passionately adhere to. What are some of Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.’s Shared Values?
- We are a Sales and Marketing Company dedicated to providing excellence in Risk Management Services to our clients.
- We support one another. We believe in one another. We acknowledge and respect the ability of one another.
- We push for professional excellence.
- We can all improve and learn from one another.
- There are no second-class citizens – everyone is important and everyone's job is important.
- We're an open society.
- Empathy for the other person is not a weakness.
- Suspicion breeds more suspicion. To trust and be trusted is vital.
- Leaders need followers. How leaders treat followers has a direct impact on the effectiveness of the leader.
- Interpersonal business relationships should be built.
- We all need one another. We are all cogs in a wheel.
- No department or person is an island.
- Professional courtesy is expected.
- Never ask someone to do something you wouldn't do yourself.
- I consider myself support for our Sales and Marketing. We can't make things happen without each other. We are a team.
- Loyalty and respect are earned – not dictated.
- Fear is a turn-off.
- People skills are very important at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.
- We're a very competitive and aggressive Company.
- We run to problems – not away from them.
- We adhere to the highest standards of moral and ethical behavior.
- People work harder and are more effective when they're turned on – not turned off
- We are a warm, close Company. This is a strength – not a weakness.
- We must continue building a professional Company – together – as a team.
- Shared values can be altered with circumstances – but carefully and with tact and consideration for one another's needs.
When accepted Shared Values are changed or challenged, the emotional impact and negative feelings can damage the Company.