Australians are travellers. In fact, we're among the busiest jet-setters in the world - and the 9th largest travel spenders. The proof is in the numbers:
- Australians spent a total of $116.7 billion on travel in 2015. That's almost 10 percent more than the previous year.
- Of that total, $78.5 billion was spent on domestic trips alone.
- The number of trips taken by Australians has increased by 8 percent in recent years.
That means for every 100 people, 42 trips are taken!
But many Australians travel without insurance...
Despite a high propensity to travel, more than 3/4 million Australians travel without insurance every year. And that's bad. Travelling, whether for business or pleasure, is exciting - but it's not without its risks.
Travel insurance serves to mitigate the risks that are inherent to adventure. Arthur J. Gallagher deals in specialised insurance services with risk management as a key point of focus, so we can assist you whether it's a single trip, or year-round solution frequent travellers. Our solutions can cover individuals or families, with cover for sickness, loss and theft.
Travelling for business?
SmartProtect Travel, our market-leading corporate travel insurance product, is designed for busy people who need flexible, broad coverage. Benefits include:
- Leisure Travel for nominated executives
- Access to support from our global network of Assistance Centers via the Travel Assistance website
- Unlimited medical cancellation cover
- Access to additional resources like destination reports and safety guidelines
- Cover for Terrorism and Acts of War
SmartProtect Travel the easiest way to get the cover you need – and to stop an accident from interrupting your trip. Policies start from just $450, excluding additional charges. To receive an indicative quote, fill out this form and we'll do the rest.
- SmartProtect Travel [ Adobe PDF / File Size 0.61 MB ]