Insurance due diligence is a vital step in helping you evaluate and assess the true value of your mergers and acquisitions (M&A) target.
Our insurance due diligence process involves a detailed review of the insurance, workers’ compensation and overall risk management practice of the target company. We identify problem areas that could have an impact on the sale price of the target company.
Typical problem areas include:
- Legacy liability exposures
- Uninsured & unfunded exposures
- Workers’ compensation exposures
- Adverse claims trends
- The need for capital expenditure to improve risk management practices
- The capping of liability by the vendor through warranty provisions
- Bad debt management
- Environmental risks
Find out more about our insurance due diligence services
To understand how we can address the risks you face when completing an acquisition, like insurance validation, producing key issues papers pre- and post- acquisition, and developing an insurance and risk management system for your portfolio going forward, speak to one of our specialists today. Find an expert.