Employment Practices Liabilities Insurance (EPLI) is designed to provide protection for managers and the company from the financial consequences of employment practice violations. Employment related disputes continue to pose a significant exposure to both companies and senior management. The vast number of federal and state laws governing employment makes allegations by employees increasingly common. Conducting the defence of these allegations can be very costly and if damages are awarded the sums can be large.
Employment Practices Liability Insurance (EPLI) policies can be triggered by an allegation of wrongdoing by an employee and can provide protection for the cost of running a defence as well as settlements and damages that may ultimately be awarded.
Employment practices: key exposures
- Wrongful dismissal or termination of employment
- Breach of any oral or written employment contract
- Employment related misrepresentation
- Violation of employment discrimination laws
- Sexual harassment
- Wrongful failure to employ or promote, wrongful discipline
- Wrongful deprivation of a career opportunity
- Invasion of privacy
- Employment-related defamation or employment-related wrongful infliction of emotional distress
Need more information? Happy to help.
Call us on 1800 240 432 to speak to one of our friendly Employement Practices Insurance specialists to discuss a tailored solution. Alternatively, complete the form opposite and we'll get in touch at your preferred time.