Arthur J. Gallagher’s Media team is the global leader in providing risk management and media insurance services across the full spectrum of entertainment entities - from production and distribution facilities to performers and sports venues.
Our team are experienced in working with many types of national and international companies, and bring equally extensive knowledge about the requirements of each location.
Protecting you, your company and your production is our passion. We are uniquely positioned to support the media industry and have been providing strong, customer-focused risk and insurance solutions to our clients for many years, including:
- Major film and television studios, producers and distributors
- Television and radio broadcasters and transmission infrastructure
- Television studios and outside broadcasting
- Film equipment and kit hirers
- Print and publishing
- Marketing and advertising
- Media, news and content providers
- Talent agencies
Find out more about our media insurance solutions
We understand that issues may arise at any time anywhere in the world, so we are available 24 hours a day to support you in times of need. Speak to our specialist team today to find out more about a tailored media insurance solution for your business.
Exceptional knowledge and experience enables us to tailor media insurance solutions to the highly creative risk requirements associated with your sector. Our dedicated team of specialists has intricate knowledge and expertise of the media industry and the challenges that go with it. We’ll work diligently with you to ensure you have the wide reaching and affordable insurance cover that suits your business. Typical areas of cover we arrange include:
- Film Producers Indemnity (FPI), also known as cast insurance, provides for the increased costs incurred by the death, injury or illness of nominated personnel and includes bereavement (normally sub-limited) and kidnap cover. Ascertaining whom to insure can, in some instances, prove to be extremely difficult; as a basic guideline the Production Company should only insure those personnel who are integral to the completion/continuation of the production.
- Content Media provides cover for increased costs incurred by loss of, or damage to the negative, and includes the risks of faulty stock, camera and processing.
- Production Property provides cover for loss of or damage to the items insured such as office and film equipment, props, sets and wardrobe.
- Extra Expense provides cover to the production company for the increased costs incurred by loss of or damage to props, sets and / or facilities. Important additional cover for delays to production caused by strikes and civil protest and loss of utilities is also available.
- Production Money covers loss of money or negotiable instruments in the care, custody or control of the Production Company and / or authorised personnel.
- General Liability covers the production companies legal liability for bodily injury or property damage to third parties.
- Watercraft / Aircraft / UAV / Motor Vehicles covers loss or damage to the watercraft / aircraft / UAV / motor vehicle and the associated legal liability for bodily injury or property damage to third parties arising out of the use.
- Weather covers extra expenses resulting from the interruption or delay of production due to adverse weather conditions.
- Errors and Omissions (E&O) provides indemnity for suits brought against the producer and / or Production Company in respect of libel, slander, defamation, plagiarism, breach of copyright, and invasion of privacy or theft of rights. The cover includes defence costs within the indemnity limit and is usually worldwide.