Restaurant and Catering Australia (R&CA)

At Gallagher we are proud and active platinum partners of Restaurant and Catering Australia (R&CA). 

We know that as the owner or manager of a restaurant, cafe or catering business, you are extremely busy with the day-to-day running of your operations. Making sure you have an insurance program in place to support your business is probably the last thing on your mind. All members of the R&CA, however, face multiple insurable risks relating to your customers, your staff and your property and assets.

Each Restaurant and Catering Australia member is unique. Your insurance should be unique, too

Working with so many business in the hospitality insurance, we know one thing - no two businesses are the same. As your insurance broker, we are focused on deeply understanding your hospitality business so that we can position you to financially survive any insurable event, and we have a team of specialist insurance brokers that are able to deliver on that promise.

Once we have established the risks that are unique to your business, we act on your behalf and leverage our relationships with Australia’s biggest and most competitive insurance companies. Our expertise ensures that the insurance options we obtain for you have no gaps in protection and no expensive overlaps – one of the chief risks when purchasing standard or ‘off-the-shelf’ insurance policies. The result is a comprehensive, cost effective insurance program tailored to the needs of your business.

The biggest risks to your business as identified by our specialist hospitality insurance brokers are:

  • Material Damage
  • Business income protection
  • Crime
  • Public Liability
  • Professional Indemnity
  • Management Liability
  • WorkCover / Worker Compensation
  • Cyber Risks

We also offer the exclusive SmartProtect | Business product, which is a great fit for many Restaurant and Catering Australia members. To find out more about how SmartProtect | Business could benefit you, request information from your local R&CA specialist broker here.

For more information about the importance of having the right small business insurance, read our jargon-free guide here.

Contact expert insurance brokers to assist you with your insurance

Contact a Gallagher broker today to find out more about our insurance solutions for the hospitality industry, so that you can get on with business. Email us now to find a broker near you

Not a member of Restaurant and Catering Australia? Find out more about membership benefits here.

R&CA agents - refer a client to Gallagher

If you've got a possible client to refer onto us, please fill in this simple online form here.

R&CA earns a referral fee for each policy taken up by its members, helping the association continue its great work on behalf of its members.

Why do I need an insurance broker?

You use an accountant to give you tax advice. You use a solicitor to give you legal advice. In the same way, it makes sense to use an insurance broker to give you insurance advice.

An insurance broker is skilled in knowing the right questions to ask to find out the risks you have, and then ‘broking the insurance market’ to negotiate with insurers on your behalf to find the best deal for you that gives you exactly the right cover you need at the best price.

Many people are skeptical about paying for an insurance broker. The value of an insurance broker comes to the fore at ‘the moment of truth’ when the unexpected happens and you need to make a claim. That’s when our clients can have peace of mind knowing that they can get their business back on track quickly and without worry because they have the right cover in place.

In short, an insurance program developed by an experience broker helps you by making sure that:

  • you’re not paying for anything you don’t need,
  • you’re not paying for expensive overlaps across policies, and
  • you’re covered for everything you do need.

How do I get started on my insurance planning?

Before you see an insurance broker, here is our simple 5-step plan to get your insurance planning on the right track.

1. What keeps you awake at night?

No two businesses are the same. Insurance can cover many risks and a good starting point is to make a list of everything that could cause an unexpected financial loss in your business. In particular, the things that worry you most are probably the things that need to be managed as a top priority.

2. Mind the gaps

Leaving risks exposed or under-insured can cost far more than an investment in insurance. Do a stock-take of all your policies to see if you’ve covered all your bases. For example, if you rent your business premises, check your lease to make sure you are covered to the right limits specified in your lease.

3. Is your house in order?

Next, think about some key housekeeping questions relating to your business. When was your property last valued? When did you have your last health and safety check? (for security, fire protection and so on).

4. Family first

Make a list of any life, trauma, income protection and other personal insurances. Ideally, you should develop a program that covers both your family and your business.

5. Go with a pro

Last but not least, compile your preparation and find an insurance broker who you can trust. For convenience, look for a ‘full service’ broker who can help you with both your business and personal insurances.

Gallagher is the endorsed broker to the Restaurant & Catering Association, and can help identify what insurance you require and also mitigate your risks and minimise what can be a significant financial impact on your business should the unexpected happen.  

Get the latest industry and
insurance news in your inbox.